Also known as mandibular angle definition or facial contouring procedure, it’s considered to be one of the most effective treatments, facial profiling is done using hyaluronic acid to give volume to both your skin and facial expression without the need of affecting your natural appearance. Its purpose is to smooth out the wrinkles and add volume
What is profiling used for?
- Lip contouring and augmentation;
- Rhinomodelation or liquid nose job;
- Hyaluronic acid lift;
- Revitalization and hydration of the skin;
- Removes wrinkles and furrows;
- Elimination of smile folds;
- Elimination of scars on the face.
Types of profiling:
Radiesse: Made out a natural substance found within our bones. It provides natural results, enhancing the fullness of facial contours.
Ellanse: Stimulates collagen production in the skin, which provides long-term benefits, helping the skin regain what has been lost through the career of life. It’s composed of microspheres suspended in a carrier made out of Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC), and PolyCaproLactone (PCL) microspheres.
Strategic points on the face may be marked at first to inject the fillers in; some photographs of the areas that are going to be treated could be taken to use as a reference.
The injection sites will be cleaned properly to prevent infection. You can ask for local anesthesia; it’s not a painless procedure, but the injections can be easily tolerated by most patients.
These procedures can last from 15 minutes up to an hour.
Once the results are deemed satisfactory, markings will be cleaned off. You might experience some swelling, but you won’t need any medication.
Recovery after profiling
Some of the recommendations are:
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages for 24 hours;
- Refrain from eating salty foods for at least 24 hours;
- Don’t massage the area and avoid exercise;
- Don’t expose yourself to heat or to the sun for extended amounts of time for 72 hours.
Am I a candidate for profiling?
Profiling is not recommended for patients with the following issues:
- Active facial or oral herpes infection;
- Infection in the treatment area;
- Uncontrolled diabetes;
- Blood-clotting problems;
- Allergy to any of the components that make up injectable hyaluronic acid;
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Sani Medical offers the best options and alternatives to your aesthetic treatment needs using nothing but the latest technology and equipment. You deserve nothing but the best, and we’ll make sure to make it happen.
All of our doctors are certified and qualified that follow strict safety guidelines; you’re in great hands